Friday, August 17, 2012

I'm Going to Jersey Shore Beeetch!!

So on Saturday (Aug 4th at this point), Mike and I headed out to Philadelphia where we stayed over at his parents for the night.  We also ditched the dog at their place muaha!  My father-in-law is by far one of the best cooks I know and he makes some of the best dishes I've had the pleasure of eating.  It must be something genetic in Italians, you just are a fantastic foodie when you've got Italy running through your veins. 

That night we had a white ravioli lasagna dish with ricotta and deliciousness in it, so so good.  The next day for breakfast we had a kicken' veggie frittata that kept us full all the way to Jersey.  My mother-in-law is also super great at thinking ahead and packing stuff so she had a bag of groceries, a medicine bag, beach chairs, etc. for us to take with us! Score! 




When we got there, we did some major shopping, I just had to stop at Whole Foods for some goodies and lo and behold, I found this vegan sushi roll I always see the hungry, hungry hippie eating.  I gotta be honest though, I really didn't like it unfortunately.  I think I'd rather just eat a veggie roll and call it a day.  

The Red Stripe was exactly what I needed though... I had many more throughout the week.. 


For dinner we went to the Terrace Tavern and Crab Shack because I saw advertisements for seafood pots and I just had to try one.. 




We started dinner off with cocktails, I had a mojito which was really good.  Mike opted for a "Dark & Stormy" which is Groeslings dark rum and ginger beer.  It was spicy and sweet, I dug it. 



Then came the steam pot.... 



Crab legs, corn on the cob, potatoes, mussels, clams, shrimp..

Wow... I couldn't eat it all so I shared with Mikey. He panicked last minute when ordering and got a broiled seafood platter which was good but not as amazing as mine!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?