Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Awesomeness On My Horizon

Well, my friends, I have several exciting things to look forward to this week!!! Yes indeedy!

For one, my early birthday gift to myself is coming... an elliptical machine!! Woo Woo! I have always, always wanted one for the home and NO it's not particularly homesteady but it's most likely the only way that I will ever commit to working out. All other methods have failed and there's something terribly fun about pretending to run while blaring dub step through the room.

Next on the list of my amazing week, we are picking up the 1/8th of beef that we ordered from Jubilee Hilltop Ranch!! That's right, just another step in the right direction of eating all natural, nourishing foods. The cows are 100% grass fed, organic, free range, and cruelty free- just the way it should be! Now if you're thinking that 1/8th a cow is a wimpy portion, you're wrong- it's fifty pounds!!!

In the package I'll be getting:

  • 2 Delmonico steaks
  • 2 Sirloin steaks
  • 2 packages of beef tips
  • 2 Roasts
  • 4 packages of Chip steak
  • 3 packages of Swiss steak
  • 2 round steaks
  • 25 lbs of ground beef
  • Soup bones
Truth be told, I did want the 1/4th a cow but I just plum didn't have the space in my freezer. Oh well, perhaps next time. Just to show the difference, in the 1/4th cow you get:

  • 3 Delmonico steaks
  • 3 NY strip steaks
  • 3 Sirloin steaks 
  • 5 packages of beef tips
  • 2 Chuck roasts
  • 1 Rump roast
  • 1 Shoulder roast
  • 6 packages of chip steak
  • 6 packages of Swiss steak
  • 2 Round steaks
  • 45-50 lbs of ground beef
  • Soup bones 

Next up, the dried foods sampler I ordered: the Dried Veggie Variety Sample Pack from Mother Earth Products!! I plan on writing a more thorough review of this company but so far, I'm already impressed and I haven't even received the product yet. I emailed them to request a substitution in the variety pack because of my allergy to mangoes, they got back to me in less than 24 hours, made the switch easily, and had my ordered shipped within 24 hours of me ordering. What SERVICE. You just don't see that anymore... 


And lastly on my list, I've been jonesing to make a bulk purchase of some brown organic rice and found something that fits the bill

I'm doing my best as I continue to make my transition slowly but surely, using up what I have before I commit to more so when I do get to buy something in that regard, it's super exciting. 

Upcoming posts to include: Cheese making, Kefir making, Kombucha making, and Sauerkraut! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?