Thursday, February 13, 2014

Yumvelope February 2014 Review

I seriously love these Yumvelope packages, it's like Christmas once a month. I'm like an excited lil kid whenever they arrive and I can't wait to tear into them!

This one was pretty neat but, I have to say, I was kind of disappointed it wasn't Valentines- themed since it arrived just the day before Valentines day! Oh well, I guess they weren't into it, moving on.

After a long day at work, I came home to the BEST mail delivery EVER! A Valentines day card from my mother-in-law with a giftcard to Whole Foods, a birthday free meal at my favorite restaurant franchise, and.... the Yumvelope. I was jazzed.





This month featured two types of a product I actually have already sampled and liked, Teeccino. They're an herbal, non-caffeinated coffee 'alternative'. Though I really, really gotta have my cup o' Joe, if you're unable to drink coffee- it's a pretty good compromise.  

Also included were two types of cookies from Grey Ghost bakery: Cinnamon Pecan and Espresso Chocolate, as well as a Macadamia Chocolate Chip cookie from The Yes Bar.

And lastly, a Tapaz 2 Go pack with lentil crackers and roasted garlic hummus. 









The cookies were delicious, but nothing beats my Liz Lovely cookies- I'm addicted! I preferred the cinnamon pecan over the chocolate which is a shocker for me. 




This bar was phenomenal, it had all sorts of dried fruit and nuts and deliciousness packed into it, and still was able to maintain a delicious chocolatey taste- a winner!! 


As for the Tapaz 2 Go.... I just wasn't digging it.. I don't like shelf-stable hummus and the crackers just weren't my thang. 


I like to find a common denominator or "theme" for the boxes, so I dig the idea of a cookie and a hot beverage in the cold days of February, but... I really didn't like the hummus and I thought that they'd really 'bring it' for Valentines day. I guess they can't base their packages on EVERY holiday though- huh? So for Feb: Not my favorite, but I was still super jazzed to get it. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?