Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cooking with a Vengeance

Whelp... I tried two recipes from one of my cookbooks and they weren't successes... one my fault, one not my fault. Both recipes are from the book "Vegan with a Vengeance" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. I made the peach cobbler but added some blueberries since I was short on peaches. Maybe it's because I have the Nook version of the book but the cobbler batter was so liquidy, I feel there had to be a mistake with the measurements. I checked them, double checked, and triple checked to make sure it was correct before I added in the liquid. Who knows. The fact is my cobbler was flat and disappointing. Boo! 




But tastes delicious, yaaaaaay! 




Sorry it looks so terrible. I'm ashamed and disappointed...


My second recipe I tried out was the frittata recipe from the same book, I did a variation of the optional add-ins. I included: mushrooms, onions, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and basil.  What can I say, I like my frittatas and scrambles Italiano. 

This here begins a tale of tragedy... I wish Poe were still alive to tell it better. 

I began by crumbling up the tofu and adding some of the seasoning when I realized I hadn't pulled the nooch (nutritional yeast) out of the cubbard.  I looked high and low for my little jar of nooch and it was nowhere to be found! There was no nooch in my household- how could this be? I was devastated, my frittata was ruined!! What on earth could I use to replace the NOOCH? Ugh.. So I got a little crazy and panicky and added a bag of non-dairy galaxy cheese. What the heck. I'm an idiot... 



For breakfast, I'm having my failure of a frittata which looks like a goopy scramble and some sliced apples. Snack will be soygurt and some almonds. 
Lunch will be leftover beans and greens I found in the fridge. Whoopee. Not. 




Now the clincher here, amongst all this ridiculous misfortune I experienced, is what I found while packing my lunch long after the fact.............






I don't even want to talk about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?