Sunday, July 15, 2012

Square Cafe and House Cleaning

I woke up later than intended, we went out to the Park House for Mike's birthday celebration and I didn't get to bed until 2:30am - eek! I am too old to be staying up that late anymore! Haha! 

We were both in the mood to head on over to our favorite breakfast spot called Square Cafe, so we threw on some clothes, made ourselves presentable, and headed on over. 


What I love about Square Cafe is that they have vegetarian and even vegan breakfast options on the menu that absolutely rock! 

I also love that they are a-okay with giving you a little cup of soy milk to put in your coffee (which you get refilled a thousand times!) 




I got my old standby that I'm obsessed with - the Veggie Overload Omelet.

Three eggs stuffed with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions, peppers, and zucchini.  Served with toast and home fries. 

So... freaking... good...



Mike is more adventurous than I so he tried a new item on the menu: the Square Tostada. 

Crisp tortilla shell topped with chorizo, onions, peppers, two eggs over easy and a spicy aioli. Served with sour cream and salsa.  

He said it was really, really good too! 



After we stuffed ourselves with a delicious brunch, we headed down to the Waterfront to buy some much needed household items from Target.  Boring stuff ya know? Trashcans, a fan, an alarm clock, a lamp, etc. 



Dinner was a haphazard throwing together of things while I tried to cook through most of our CSA veggies.  TJ's Kimchi rice topped with salmon and a scoop of kimchi, served with grilled zucchini and onions.  



I have more laundry to do, ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?