Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

The 4th was my holiday for the year to be on call so we had to laze around the house in case I actually did get called in. But seriously, who in the heck needs a dietitian STAT? We are so not an emergent field I don't even get the point of this.  I also don't get the point of working weekends- it's stupid. But regardless, it is what it is. 

I started my morning with a delicious omelet made by my boo, made of onions, bell peppers, mozzarella cheese, Morningstar Farms veggie patties, and eggs. I also had some toast with butter and blackberry jam (which in my opinion is the jam of jams). 



After I got the go ahead that I would not be called in for the day, I worked out to one of my Firm DVDs, showered, did some laundry, and then we headed downtown for the regatta and fireworks.  We first started out at McFadden's where I had a grilled chicken caesar salad which was delicious, followed by two Miller Lites, a Corona with lime, and an I.C. Light Mango. 

We then headed over to take our seats on the river bank and watch the regatta (I also ate a basket of chicken fingers and fries). I sucked at healthy eating today- boo. 


Here's the regatta 



Close up! 


Beautiful Pittsburgh skyline



Some crappy fireworks photos that don't do it justice.


Pittsburgher's sure like their fireworks!! 

After the fireworks we ran for a bus and got home ASAP because I have to work in the morning. When we got home I threw some clothes in the wash, did the dishes, ran the dishwasher, showered, packed my lunch, and got all set for tomorrow morning. 

I DON'T WANT TO GO BAAAAAAACK!!! 




Here is my frazzled, haphazardly made breakfast/lunch: 

Breakfast: Larabar and two peaches
Snack: almonds and prunes
Lunch: PB & J with crackers and hummus

Carb fest tomorrow! Looks like veggies and protein for dinner- oh well!! 

Annndddd I'm out....


HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?