Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Funky Monday/Tuesday

I don't know what my dealio is this week but I just haven't been into recording what I ate througout the day. Partially I've just been trying to keep myself busy at work and didn't want to stop to take pictures, another, I've just been plain lazy about blogging.

Recap:

For breakfast Monday and Tuesday, I had a tofu omelet that I made (here's a pic of my one for Wednesday) and some grapes. This tofu omelet really rocks, it's from Vegan Brunch by Isa Chandra Moskowitz (this girl is like a deity in regards to vegan recipes) and I stuffed it with sauteed mushrooms, spinach, and vegan shredded cheese. I also had a Luna protein bar both days- love those things, keep me much-o full-o.







For lunch yesterday, I had a vegan bologna and cheese sammy on the Mancini bread with lettuce and mustard, and some cucumbers and hummus. I then had some bok choy, seitan and noodles for dinner- gotta keep up on my CSA goodies!







Then some more hummus... then a rice dreams ice cream sammy.. I don't know what was up with my appetite last night haha! The funny part was I was watching the newest episode of Trueblood and I was super nauseated during parts of that, so I have no clue why I kept chomping! Must.. control.. snacking...

For lunch today I had to do a test tray at work so I had: cod, roasted potatoes, sauteed zucchini, fruit cup, chocolate soymilk, and some nilla wafers which I saved for later. I would really hate to be a vegan in our hospital- really, really impossible. Actually, I had a vegan in once and her room looked like a grocery store with all the stuff she had to bring from home- poor thing! Getting protein in her was insanely hard and she was willing to do what she could, lots of peanut butter and beans.

Tonight for dinner I made pesto out of our CSA scapes, walnuts, basil, and olive oil which went over some stuffed pasta, also from our CSA.

Annnnnnnddddddddd I forgot to take a pic. I stink.

I'm so proud of myself for keeping up with our stuff, also our CSA (Penn's Corner Farm Alliance) is really good about including some shelf stable items too so as not to overwhelm us. The food is also exceptionally fresh and keeps forever it seems. If you're in the Pittsburgh area check them out!









No comments:

Post a Comment

What'cha thinking?